About Julie L Bartimus
Helping people tell their career stories and find their paths
Previously the Vice President of the University of Illinois Alumni Career Center in Chicago, I have 20 years of experience working in career services and six additional years of experience in related higher education, student affairs work.
In my role with the University of Illinois Alumni Association, I:
* Counseled alumni with one to twenty-plus years of experience on job search, professional networking, interviewing, and other career transition issues
* Assisted clients with resume revision, interview practice, resource management and career plan implementation
* Facilitated workshops on job search, professional branding, and career management topics
After receiving my Masters degree, I accepted a position advising men's and women's fraternities at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. In 1996, I implemented my first major career transition that brought me to Chicago and included work with the Community Career Center, a non-profit career center. I accepted a position as Assistant Director with the University of Illinois Alumni Career Center in 1997 and was promoted to Associate Director in 1998 and Vice President in 2007.
I’m now pursuing my second major career transition as I launch my independent career coaching business. If you don’t see information that you are looking for or a service that you are interested in, just ask. You can email me at Juilie@BartimusCareerConsulting.com or use the contact form.
I look forward to helping you launch or re-launch your career.
• Career Coaching
• Resume Review
• LinkedIn Profile Review
• Mock Interview
• Workshop Facilitation
• Corporate Presentations
• Networking Coaching
• Strengths Coaching
Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers
• 2015, Founders Distinguished Service Award
• 2010, J.W. Paquette Superior Leadership Award
• 2006, President’s Award
• 1992, Masters of Higher Education/Student Personnel from Kent State University
• 1990, Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Peace Corps
• Gonzaga University
• Illinois Career Development Association
• SUNY Career Development Organization
• Midwest Cooperative Education and Internship Association